An exciting opportunity now exists to join BOXX Technologies! We are searching for an enthusiastic, hard-working Purchasing professional to join our Operations team in Austin, TX. This full-time position reports to the Manager of Operations.
This full-time job will require the qualified candidate to provide team leadership, negotiate contracts, and much more. The Purchasing/Planning Coordinator’s duties may include but are not limited to:
- Being the team lead for purchasing operations
- Ensuring products and services are purchased in the most cost and time efficient manner
- Evaluating contracts with suppliers and recommend resolution proposal to operations
- Providing support to production scheduling on all material flow issues to meet production schedules and customer requirements
- Gathering and analyzing data to determine the best methodology of order levels on materials
- Leading Supply/Demand process to optimize purchasing power and inventory
- Driving and implementing cost saving programs (consignment, VMI, bundling, etc.)
- Optimizing key metrics (productivity (cost savings vs target), PPV and Supplier Report Cards)
- Analyzing the markets to spot trends and opportunities for cost savings
- Helping manage and resolve supply and quality issues
- Arranging for sell and/or disposal of excess and obsolete materials
- Helping to develop, implement and modify purchase processes and duties
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, organized worker who can multi task various projects at once
- Ability to work with cross functional groups to execute new and redesign of products into the market in a timely and cost efficient manner
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to build positive working relationships with suppliers and internal customers
- Ability to work across multi-geographic groups and time zones
- Ability to analyze technical data in supplier’s proposals
- Ability to perform financial analyses
- Ability to Lift, pull and/or push up to 25 pounds or moving, assisting and/or helping lift items or awkward weights.
- Bachelors degree in business or related field
- 5-7 years of purchasing experience
- 5-7 years proven track record of successful cost savings and team leadership
- Strong computer skills with excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Excel
- Extensive experience with MRP functions and forecasting tools
- Keurig coffees daily; donuts every Friday, fresh popcorn, as well as various teambuilding events, fund raisers, and just plain fun throughout the year.
- Industry competitive base salary and quarterly bonus potential
- Various group insurance choices, matching 401(k) plan, and paid vacation, personal and sick plans.
BOXX is the leading innovator of high-performance workstations and rendering systems for visual effects, animation, product design, engineering, architectural visualization, artificial intelligence and more. Combining record-setting performance, speed, and reliability with unparalleled industry knowledge, BOXX is the trusted choice for creative professionals worldwide.
For immediate consideration, please apply now http://bestrecruit.us/purchasing-planning-coordinator