An exciting opportunity now exists to join BOXX Technologies! We are searching for an enthusiastic, hard-working, and driven Technical Support Representative III to join our team in Austin, TX. This full-time position reports to the Technical Support Supervisor.
This job will primarily require the qualified candidate to find root causes and repair customer systems with hardware and O/S issues and assist Technical Support Representatives I and II in root causing of issues with customer systems. The best candidate will keep current with all BOXX System Hardware, Drivers, BIOS, OS, Applications and Utilities and will train Technical Support Representatives I and II on root cause methodologies and fault isolation procedures.
The Technical Support Representative III duties may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and take the technical lead on Support Incident escalations.
- Become the BOXX Technical Support technical troubleshooting expert on all BOXX Products.
- Root Cause and Repair of Customer Hardware, Drivers, BIOS, OS, Firmware, and Driver issues.
- Assist Technical Support Representative I and II with root causing customer issues.
- Audit units from production for “Out-Of-BOXX” experience.
- Define and update support procedures and documentation
- Train new and existing employees on achieving highest level of quality.
- Provide input on how to proactively decrease call volume resulting from customer issues.
- Analyze the input and integrity of data in Support Explorer
- Improve Support documentation to increase knowledge sharing.
- Update tools used for troubleshooting and testing of issues.
- Develop new plans for better serving customers.
- May be required to travel to customer site from time to time (need passport)
- A strong sense of urgency
- Awesome sense of humor
- A desire to learn, master and teach
Skills and Abilities:
- Linux Fedora Core, SuSe, RH and Centos
- Both technical and user knowledge of MicroSoft Office Programs
- Ability to learn and effectively troubleshoot and use a variety of software applications
- Familiar with various CAD, Computer Design Software, Animation or Workstation Applications
- Ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, and follow-up on customer issues as well as replicate and document for further escalation
- data entry
- 10-key and basic math skills
- phone skills
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills – the ability to be empathetic, accurate, compassionate, responsive, resourceful, and conscientious
- Ability to manage workload priorities and have a strong attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to or over 25 pounds (computers or shipments)
- Ability to interpret technical procedures, to write business emails, and to communicate professionally with customers and vendors.
- Red Hat Linux Certification (REQUIRED).
- MCSE, MCP and A+ certification (REQUIRED).
- 7-10 years computer support experience (both Windows and Linux).
- Two year degree in a computer technology discipline
- VMWare Certification preferred.
- Scripting and programming experience preferred
BOXX Technologies Offers:
- Game room, fresh popcorn & Keurig coffees daily; donuts every Friday, as well as various teambuilding events, fund raisers, and just plain fun throughout the year.
- Industry competitive base salary and quarterly bonus potential
- Various group insurance choices, matching 401(k) plan, and paid vacation, personal and sick plans.
BOXX is the leading innovator of high-performance workstations and rendering systems for visual effects, animation, product design, engineering, architectural visualization, and more. Combining record-setting performance, speed, and reliability with unparalleled industry knowledge, BOXX is the trusted choice for creative professionals worldwide.
For immediate consideration, please apply at http://careerwebapp.us/technical-support-representative-iii