An exciting opportunity now exists to join BOXX Technologies! We are searching for an enthusiastic, hard-working, and driven Staff Engineer (Senior Mechanical Engineer) to join our team in Austin, TX. This full-time position reports to the Vice President of Engineering and Operations.
This job will require the qualified candidate to design, develop and test all aspects of desk side and rack mount computer enclosures and associated components. The Senior Mechanical Engineer duties may include but are not limited to:
- Responsibilities associated with the majority of the design cycle from conceptual design to finished product
- Interfacing with outside fabricators and manufacturers regarding design manufacturability, cost, and efficiency
- Creating product design documentation
- Collaborating with multiple departments, vendors, and customers to design and manufacture products that fulfill design intent as well as achieve budget and schedule goals.
- Generating supporting documentation (i.e. solid models, drawings, engineering reports, test plans, BOM, Engineering Change Orders)
- Using analytical tools, i.e. thermal and structural analyses and FEA at top assembly and sub-assembly levels to ensure robust and reliable products, with an ability to verify design and for optimization purposes.
- Acting as lead on projects when requested.
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to work both independently or as part of a team
- Able to manage multiple program schedules to ensure timely completion of tasks
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and various statistical analysis
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distributions, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlations, techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, etc) Project and Visio
- MS or BS in mechanical engineering with 4-6 years of equivalent engineering work experience.
- High and Low Volume sheet metal design experience
- Proven success in significant long term role requiring final technical decisions and full responsibilities of technical projects in system and design engineering
- Experience in electronic packaging and design of computer systems
- Experience with 3-D CAD modeling; (preferably Solidworks) in the production of sheet metal parts and assemblies
- Knowledge of PCB design and layout
- Electronic Packaging Experience
- Cable Design and Integration Experience
- Experience with interconnect selection, both power and high speed signal
- Board and Systems level thermal characterization, fan sizing etc.
- Tolerance Analysis
BOXX Technologies Offers
- Keurig coffees daily; donuts every Friday, fresh popcorn, as well as various teambuilding events, fund raisers, and just plain fun throughout the year.
- Industry competitive base salary and quarterly bonus potential
- Various group insurance choices, matching 401(k) plan, and a generous PTO Plan.
BOXX is the leading innovator of high-performance workstations and rendering systems for visual effects, animation, product design, engineering, architectural visualization, artificial intelligence, deep learning and more. Combining record-setting performance, speed, and reliability with unparalleled industry knowledge, BOXX is the trusted choice for creative professionals worldwide.
For immediate consideration, please Apply Now via this link.