A new opportunity for you to join BOXX Technologies! We are searching for an enthusiastic, hard-working, motivated, and driven People Manager Generalist, here in Austin, TX. This job will require the qualified candidate to provide oversight of all People Operations initiatives. You’ll work closely with various members of our external PEO as well as our internal payroll staff. This position will report directly to the CEO.
- Responsible for supporting the business in areas of talent management, employee relations, benefits, compensation, training and other areas of HR as needed
- Build trust and sustain relationships with all levels of the organization
- Ensure legal compliance with all applicable local, state (both TX and CA) and federal employment laws to minimize risk/exposure to the company
- Maintain personnel files and related record retention
- Promote and coordinate performance reviews
- Prepare Org charts
- Manage the relationship with the PEO and act as the liaison with them on employee records, new hires, benefits, FMLA, STD/LTD, QLE’s, worker’s comp cases, unemployment cases, policies, job descriptions, salary reviews, timekeeping/PTO, separations, and other People Operations or general company issues or processes
- Coordinate e-learning classes on topics concerning sexual harassment prevention, ADA, and other classes as may be requested or required for T&L
- Coordinate with 401(k) provider on processes and issues, and a member of the 401(k) Plan Committee
- Update employee handbook, New Employee Orientation (NEO) materials and job descriptions as needed
- Plan, manage and promote FISH events (Employee Engagement Activities and Social Events)
- Plan and attend annual BOXX lunches as vehicles toward improving employee morale, and identifying possible corporate goals
- Develop and manage recruitment, selection, and onboarding NEO process
- Coordinate and manage reward, recognition and compensation programs, i.e. salary ranges, service awards, spot awards, etc.
- Provide management/employee coaching and manage performance issues, employee relations issues and related investigations or disciplinary actions
- Manage all aspects of annual group benefits open enrollment process
- Attend and present at monthly Operations and Company meetings
- Prepare annual OSHA logs and post in-house and on the OSHA website
- Attend Middle Manager Bi-Weekly Meetings
- Serve as FISH Committee Lead
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communications and relationship building skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to take the initiative and follow through
- Ability to work both independently and within cross-functional teams
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts in building salary ranges, calculating raises, preparing data for benefit and compensation surveys, etc.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical HR compliance procedures
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals or groups of managers, vendors, and employees
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required. Prefer classwork or concentration in Human Resources
- Prior work experience managing the relationship with a PEO
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources Management including compliance
- 5+ years supervisory experience including mentoring and coaching
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, etc)
- Some knowledge in use of SharePoint, OneNote, OneDrive, and Microsoft Teams desired
- Knowledge of specific HR related state laws (TX & CA) and federal laws including but not limited to, Title VII, FLSA, FMLA, USERRA, COBRA, ERISA, OSHA, HIPAA, ADAAA, ADEA, EEO, Worker’s Compensation and Unemployment
- Ability to learn and effectively use different software programs and ERP systems
- Prefer PHR or SPHR or SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification(s)
BOXX Technologies Offers:
- Various team-building events, fund raisers, and collaborative team activities all year long
- Industry competitive base salary and quarterly bonus potential
- Various group insurance choices, matching 401(k) plan, and a paid time off (PTO) plan
BOXX is the leading innovator of high-performance workstations and rendering systems for visual effects, animation, product design, engineering, architectural visualization, artificial intelligence, deep learning and more. Combining record-setting performance, speed, and reliability with unparalleled industry knowledge, BOXX is the trusted choice for creative professionals worldwide.
BOXX is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Boxx is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
All qualified applicants should submit their resume to: