Senior Data Center Engineer
An exciting opportunity now exists to join BOXX Technologies! We are searching for an enthusiastic, hard-working, and driven Senior Data Center Engineer to join our team in Austin, TX. This full-time position reports to the Vice President of Engineering and Operations.
This job will require the qualified candidate to lead technical efforts to evaluate, test and deploy servers, virtual machines, networking, and software to support a high-performance workstation as a service business serving professional content creators in the Architecture, Media and Entertainment and Engineering sectors. You will be responsible for successfully completing the following:
- Installing and configuring operating systems, remote desktop applications, virtual machines, license servers, connection gateways, connection brokers and other software.
- Installing, configuring and test network hardware
- · Testing hardware and software deployments for functionality and performance.
- Troubleshooting issues - find root causes and corrective actions.
- Managing support escalations and work with the team to find and implement resolutions.
- Working with product management team on new technologies and methods
- Documenting processes, settings and similar related information
- Providing pre sales technical support for Business Development and Sales teams on customer calls
- Owning the CRD (Customer Requirements Document) during the sales process and lead the team to implement the requirements when onboarding new customers.
- Remote Desktop Technologies: Teradici, RDP etc.
- Microsoft Windows and Windows Server Administration
- Virtualization with VMWare, Microsoft and Citrix
- NVIDIA GPU virtualization and GPU pass through technologies
- High Level Security Concepts including firewalls and secure network tunneling.
- LINUX - Various distributions
- Networking with Cisco (Meraki), pfSense, Juniper or Arista OS
- Cloud integration with Azure, AWS or Google
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- 10+ years of experience as a Data Center Engineer, Systems Engineer, or equivalent
- Ability to lift 25lbs or more
- The ability to travel when needed
- The ability to work remotely
BOXX Technologies Offers
- Fun collaborative working environment with the opportunity to grow and learn
- Industry competitive base salary and quarterly bonus potential
- Various group insurance choices, matching 401(k) plan, and paid vacation, personal and sick plans.
BOXX is the leading innovator of high-performance workstations and rendering systems for visual effects, animation, product design, engineering, architectural visualization, artificial intelligence, deep learning and more. Combining record-setting performance, speed, and reliability with unparalleled industry knowledge, BOXX is the trusted choice for creative professionals worldwide.
BOXX is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Boxx is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.