We are hiring and we have an exciting opportunity for your to join BOXX Technologies! We are searching for an enthusiastic, hard-working, and driven Technical Support Representative I to join our team in Austin, TX. This full-time position reports to the Technical Support Supervisor.
This job will primarily require the qualified candidate to be the first point of contact with customers via the inbound phone queue, determine root cause of issues, test and repair customer systems, and prepare test reports.
The Technical Support Representative I duties may include but are not limited to:
- Essential Functions include the following and other duties may be assigned
- Knowledge of BOXX Procedures, Policies and Processes and ability to navigate these for the customer to enhance the customer experience
- Escalate customer issues that are not able to be resolved with current BOXX Procedures, Policies and Processes
- Ability to empower end-users to support themselves using our knowledge base
- Support customers through complete Installation, Configuration, and Setup (ICS) of standard BOXX systems
- Complete ICS of related applications and software in most cases, (Boxxview, Back Burner, etc…)
- Troubleshooting of standard BOXX systems, ability to discern between hardware and software issues, troubleshooting issues such as but not limited to, no power – no post, no or failing video, bad memory, failed hard drive, failed system board. Able to troubleshoot driver and configuration issues within the operating system
- Able to complete repairs on systems that have been shipped in for repair in a timely manner
- Seeks guidance and assistance via available resources for consulting and escalations as required
- Follows process, procedures as given. Seeks guidance as required
- Continues to increase knowledge and familiarity with technical aspects of BOXX systems
- Continues development of knowledge and understanding of BOXX process and procedures
- May provide assistance to others as required in subject areas that they are familiar
- When repairs are needed, Issue DRMR (Depot Repair Material Return) to customer, set up FedEx call tags and labels
- When unit arrives for repair, print out Repair Station Report, update received date on incident in Support Explorer and update customer
- Update Ticketing system case/ incident and Action Taken Information including all part numbers replaced
- Prepare ship request for shipment back to customer and update Support Explorer Incident with ship date
- A strong sense of urgency
- Awesome sense of humor
- A desire to learn, master and teach
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to learn to use specific software such as Intuitive and Support Explorer
- Ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, and follow-up on customer issues as well as replicate and document for further escalation
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office Programs, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- data entry
- 10-key and basic math skills
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills - must be able to convey technical jargon in a wide-array of syntax from beginner level users to developers in our tickets, as well as knowledge base articles
- Excellent customer service and phone skills – the ability to be empathetic, accurate, compassionate, responsive, resourceful, and conscientious
- Ability to manage workload priorities and have a strong attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to or over 25 pounds (computers or shipments)
- Ability to interpret technical procedures, to write business emails, and to communicate professionally with customers and vendors.
- MCP Certification required
- 2 + years external customer support experience in a technical environment
BOXX Technologies Offers
- The ability to work on collaborative team with a great group of people throughout the year
- Industry competitive base salary and quarterly bonus potential
- Various group insurance choices, matching 401(k) plan, and PTO plan.
BOXX is the leading innovator of high-performance workstations and rendering systems for visual effects, animation, product design, engineering, architectural visualization, and more. Combining record-setting performance, speed, and reliability with unparalleled industry knowledge, BOXX is the trusted choice for creative professionals worldwide.
BOXX is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Boxx is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For immediate consideration, please apply now via the link provided.